Montauk Classic Contest Postponed Until 4/2016

Montauk Classic Contest

Hello Everyone,
Unfortunately, due to the high probability of inclement weather this weekend, I believe it’s in our best interest to postpone the Montauk contest. The safety of our contestants and their supporters is our highest priority and the current forecast for Joaquin is to become a hurricane with the potential to impact a lot of the East Coast. Sweeping overhead waves and driving 30 knot winds as well as torrential rain are not a recipe for a surf contest or watching from the beach. I think it’s wiser for us to be in the safety and comfort of our own homes in the event of Joaquin affecting Long Island.
The Montauk Classic will be rescheduled to be our first contest in 2016. We are aiming for one of the last weekends in April. An official announcement of the postponement / rescheduled contest dates will be emailed within the next day or so. 

All the members who have booked rooms at the Atlantic Terrace Motel for the contest should contact me as soon as possible. The hotel management and I have been discussing options on how to roll these reservations forward. I will reach out to you separately with the decision when it’s made.
NY DD of the ESA
Timothy Cominos
46 Dorchester Street
Huntington Station, NY 11746



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *